Do you want to ensure that only surplus self-produced energy is charged into your electric car? Do you want to use as little grid power as possible, i.e. optimise your personal power consumption? In that case, use the ZEUS SmartBox Balance.
The SmartBox Balance is installed next to the house connection box. In this way, the included current transformers can measure the current flow in both directions, directly behind the electricity meter of the energy supply company. In this way, the SmartBox Balance can determine exactly what charging power is needed for your electric car, so that you do not have to resort to grid power!
It is not necessary to interrupt the power supply during installation. The SmartBox and, if possible, each inverter and the charging box must be connected to the LAN/WLAN and accessible via a browser.
With the ZEUS SmartBox Balance, the charging power of the charging box is continuously adjusted (increments: 25W) either to the available solar power or to the current personal energy surplus, i.e. the amount of power that would otherwise be fed into the grid. In this way, only excess power that is not consumed otherwise is used to charge the electric car. Adjustments are realised within 3 seconds to achieve the highest possible efficiency.
Communication runs via a web-based visualisation that can be called up from within your home network (LAN/WLAN) via PC, tablet or smartphone with current browsers. Via the visualisation, the user can inform himself at any time about the success of the charge control system through summaries or a graphic representation of individual charging processes.
- Charge power control adjusting to available solar energy – charging mode “Sun Charge Basic” (increments: 25W).
- Excess power control – “Sun Charge Balance” charging mode (increments: 25W).
- Automatic control range: 1.4 to max. 22 kW
- Control interval: 3 sec.
- Charging mode “Continuous charge release” (control is offline. The charging box charges continuously at maximum power).
- Charging mode “Powercharge” (manual specification of the charging capacity and the target charge level independent of the available solar power)
- Registration (saving) of up to three individual vehicle profiles incl. three-phase loading capability and specific characteristics of the vehicle.
- Connection of an inverter via Ethernet and display of the relevant inverter data (the website of the inverter must be accessible via a normal browser). Further inverters optional.
- If there are several inverters and some of them cannot be reached via LAN/WLAN, it is possible to specify a factor by which the total solar power is approximately extrapolated on the basis of the accessible inverters
- Connection of the wallbe charging box via Ethernet and display of the relevant charging data from the charging box (total count, current charging power, voltage of the 3 phases)
- A fuse current can be defined in the option menu, which must never be exceeded during charging (additional protection based on the physical circuit breaker).
- Delivery incl. current measurement device, 3 hinged transducers, 3-phase contactor, current clamps already secured and wired in a casing
- Tachometer-animated live display of the charging process with information about:
- the current charging power (target/actual)
- the amount of energy charged already
- the current charge level including conversion to range (km)
- the intended target charge level
- the charging status (charging, pause, finished, abort etc.)
- Dashboard for live display of data about the current loading process including a graphical 15 minute history
- the solar power system output
- the charging capacity (target)
- the charging capacity (actual)
- the grid connection
- the feed-in power
- Display of status messages and failures